Back to search results
Senior UX Designer - Mobile Apps
We’re on the hunt for a mobile app UX designer to work across customer authentication for a large financial company. This is a seniore level role that has a lot of opportunity to work within one of the largest design and most prominent design teams in Melbourne.
What your typical day may look like?
- Create both digital and paper prototypes that reflect user interactions & an understanding of design principles and processes (sketches of user flows, IA, site-maps and wireframes).
- Conduct and participate in research planning, synthesis and insight generation, concept generation & prototyping and test, learn and pilot activities
- Work with other team members or product owners to scope and plan activities across an end to end design process.
- Be ambassador for design and build the competency within the tribe.
- Help the tribe identify the most important opportunities to deliver customer and business value.
- Collaborate with other designers to ensure a unified and consistent way of working across all relevant methodologies.
- Actively shape and participate in a broader community of design enthusiasts across the organisation (Guilds).
What you will bring to the role?
- Know what you are solving by aligning on problem statements and genuine user needs.
- Go deep and be objective by gathering and synthesising information from all likely sources.
- Experience across all phases of product design from ideation, user research, prototyping, design iteration, and high fidelity UI and specs.
- You’ve weathered release cycles and know what details matter at each stage, how to translate insights from user studies into meaningful action. You can share several shining examples of real work you’ve shipped, and what you learned along the way.
- Cross-platform is your style: You are experienced with iOS Human Interface Guidelines, Google’s Material Design, Responsive web conventions. You are able to make decisions on why you’d opt for one solution for iOS and another on Android.
- Mastery of fundamental visual and interactive design disciplines and principals. Have a great sense of typography, iconography, colour theory, layout and visual composition.
- An extraordinary eye for pixel-perfect detail.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Expert-level skills with design software (e.g. Adobe suite, Sketch) and prototyping tools (e.g. Axure, Flinto, Principle, Proto.io, InVision). Banking experience would be helpful but isn’t mandatory.
- You have a growth mindset and stakeholders and peers alike respect you – and listen to you. You’re an Agile team player through and through and are committed to continually improve processes to deliver high quality outcomes efficiently. You are never satisfied with “good enough”.
If this sounds like you. Hit apply now!
Firebrand is a division of Aquent. When applying for jobs, you will be directed to Aquent's job application portal.
Back to search results