Back to search results
Public Affairs Manager - Aged Care Charity
My client is an independent charity that exists to improve quality of life for people in need. They specialise in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation, mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services.
They work to provide its staff with support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.
My client is now on the hunt for a Public Affairs Manager, whose key responsibilities include:
- Supporting stakeholder engagement, public relations and media strategy
- Developing and building strong relationships with key stakeholders and influencers across the political and advocacy spectrum to advance the organisation’s profile and position on industry issues
- As part of the Public Affairs team, assist in managing and potentially leveraging, reactive media and targeted publicity opportunities across media channels in a timely manner, being careful to be selective and focused on the key messaging
- Develop capacity alongside the Head of Public Affairs of advising, supporting, and informing the Executive Team, Board and key staff of public relations and media opportunities and managing potential risks to brand reputation
- Building strong working relationships with internal stakeholders alongside the Head of Media and Public Affairs to ensure that the function of public relations and media liaison is seen to be an integral, respected and valued activity within the broader organisation
- Being an effective member of an engaged and high performing Public Affairs team meeting organisational targets, culturally aligned and respected by key internal and external stakeholders
- Around 5+ years of experience in news media and/or in senior public affairs/communications roles for government and/or charitable sectors, or from an agency
- A tertiary degree in Communications, Media or Journalism desirable
- Experience working in a team of skilled professionals
- Experienced in operating effectively in a multi-site environment
- A current drivers licence and safe driving record, and a willingness to travel between my client’s sites and service.
- Strong administrative and computer skills
- Commitment to engage and align with the organisations mission and values
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Empathy and patience
For more info, please send me your resume ASAP, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 8667 8888
Firebrand is a division of Aquent. When applying for jobs, you will be directed to Aquent's job application portal.
Back to search results