Back to search results
PR Account Manager Consumer health, Beauty & Lifestyle 9-12 month contract
My client is a boutique agency focusing on health, nutrition, pharma and lifestyle sectors. They combine entrepreneurial flair and energy with unrivalled experience and capabilities, which has given the agency a strong reputation for delivering results. They focus on creating robust, integrated and interactive strategies that reach audiences and support business outcomes.
The agency is now on the hunt for a driven and proactive PR Account Manager with 3+ years of agency experience to partner with clients in carrying out their business and achieving their communication goals. You will be working with a mix of consumer health clients, as well as with some beauty accounts, and ideally have some relevant media contacts already. You have strong media skills and are able to confidently manage client accounts on a day-to-day basis.
- Take a lead role, in consultation with an Account Director or Director, in the design, development, implementation and management of client campaigns/projects
- Work closely with Account Director/Director and client to generate effective strategy to meet client’s business goals
- Ensure all campaigns/projects remain true to their agreed strategic approach and work towards the specified goals
- Identify and pre-empt client problems and present solutions to Account Director or Director and client
- Work with Account Director/Director and client to build clear, measurable goals and measurement criteria for all campaigns
- Identify opportunities for growth within a client and convert to new business opportunities
- Develop, pitch and place positive stories about the client’s business/product in trade and mainstream media
- Teach media skills to junior account staff including Account Executive, Trainee Account Executive or intern
- Develop media materials and review materials (e.g. pitch letters, media releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, tweets, biographies and newsletters) prepared by team members
- Develop materials on complex issues (e.g. key messages, Q&As, reactive position statements, issues response kits and speeches)
- Develop project budgets and ensure projects are implemented within budgets set
- Contribute and assist Account Director and Directors to manage the development of Account Executive, Trainee Account Executive or intern in terms of public relations/client management skills
- 3-4 years experience gained primarily through working in a public relations agency
- Excellent knowledge and experience of public relations and client service
- Excellent knowledge of media including trade, mainstream and digital media
- Ability to handle complex media enquiries/requests
- Strong verbal, editing and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal kills
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Ability to think strategically and translate into written materials for clients
- Ability to generate ideas and think creatively
- Sound budget management skills
- Skills in helping to develop and deliver business presentations
Although a boutique agency, my client has good processes in place and operates more like a large business. They have a young, hard-working but supportive team, and they invest a lot in training and development, as well as provide the team with interesting, quality work. They have strong focus on career progression so are happy to fast-track team members’ careers, as well as promote internally.
Please get in touch with me on firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 8667 888
Firebrand is a division of Aquent. When applying for jobs, you will be directed to Aquent's job application portal.
Back to search results