Back to search results
PR Account Director / Senior Account Director - Tech, Property, Food & Beverage
My client is a boutique but global PR agency, with some exciting clients and a strong and ambitious team. Due to continued business wins they are now looking for an AD to join their team.
An Account Director takes responsibility for their clients’ and teams’ overall performance and revenues, identifying and developing new business opportunities and serving as a valued leader and resource for clients, client account teams and all internal and external stakeholders. In addition, an Account Director demonstrates emotional intelligence in all relationships with teams and senior management and exemplifies and manages achievement of the firm’s vision, values and management philosophies.
This role includes:
- Being key lead client contact for designated clients
- Capacity planning and invoices for designated accounts and/or campaigns.
- Quality assurance across all work produced for designated clients.
- Ongoing management of client satisfaction resulting in client retention.
- Financial management of designated clients to deliver to target revenue including early reporting of any upcoming concerns and results.
- Leading the development of – or maintenance and ongoing refreshment of existing – strategic processes to deliver insight driven, result focused client campaigns.
- Having fun – and helping others enjoy their work too!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the strategic development of project and long-term campaigns for all designated clients.
- Effectively work with and manage account teams to ensure that work and service is delegated to the appropriate experience levels within the team structure.
- Work closely with the General Manager, meeting regularly, to review client and team developments, opportunities and issues.
- Leverage key stakeholder relationships for benefit of the firm. E.g. clients, media, celebrities, etc.
- Develop the professional and management skills of team members; provide ongoing feedback and training opportunities for team.
- Lead media engagement for designated clients, demonstrating the ability to secure key leading coverage and teaching these skills to relevant team members.
- Lead the development of client KPIs and take responsibility for the delivery of these KPIs, working closely with team members to achieve these.
- Be a positive role model and mentor for others in the firm.
- Transparently manage overall revenue performance of designated clients.
- Monitor and manage resources of the teams. This means monitoring staff capacity, ensuring the hours allocation for client work is updated and reviewed for overload, managing cover during holidays, identifying potential issues e.g. one-off client projects.
- Identify clients with the potential for growth and recommend appropriate action to the company and implement.
- Identify and develop ‘real’ new business opportunities and take a leadership role in new business pitches.
- Maintain client satisfaction, resulting in client retention.
- Lead company efforts to train and develop staff.
- Provide strategic counsel to all team members.
- Manage overall performance assessment, training and development of relevant staff.
- Conduct appraisals and career development counselling.
- Manage staff to maximize performance and productivity.
- Jointly manage staff in terms of career development (opportunities required); training (formal and in-formal).
An Account Director will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- University degree or equivalent PR/communications qualifications
- Minimum of 7 years industry experience An Account Director will demonstrate an ability to:
- Be flexible
- Be a team player
- Be confident with client and media liaison
- Manage a team working on multiple clients
- Nurture and grow junior and mid-level team members
- Assess workloads and assign project
- Identify and apply knowledge of industry activities and trends
- Identify and apply knowledge of traditional and social media activities and trends
- Implement time management strategies for themselves and teams
A great salary, career opportunity and culture awaits in this role.
Call or email me today for a JD and a confidential discussion on (02) 8667 8888 email@example.com
Firebrand is a division of Aquent. When applying for jobs, you will be directed to Aquent's job application portal.
Back to search results