Back to search results
Data Scientist (First of it's kind Project)
Opportunity to truly make a positive impact to Victorian’s in a first of its kind project in Melbourne – high profile real time predictive platform to elevate an Emergency Services organisation with real time data
This is a high-profile engagement based in the Melbourne’s North-East which is probably the first of its kind in Australia in terms of depth and scale of capabilities that are being deployed to an emergency services provider. Within the overall solution, our client is building a web front-end (react and node.js) designed to deliver/render complex insights from the underlying Data and AI platform through a single-pane-of-glass. – platform Azure
The Data Scientist designs, develops and implements practical and scalable analytic solutions. These typically involve a combination of analytical, process and business transformation outcomes and focus on areas of our client’s business such as customer, product and supply chain, just to name a few. You will work with business stakeholders on factual problem formation, data identification and deriving answers that can be operationalized to solve business issues. You will work proactively to:
- Determine the suitability and feasibility of an analytical solution for a given commercial problem
- Review existing data sources to assess their applicability to address the business problem, and/or propose additional sources required for a solution
- Extract and manipulate data from a variety of sources and apply the appropriate pre-processing treatments for analysis.
- Support the selection and configuration of analytical tools and infrastructure appropriate to our clients’ objectives, current and target state analytic maturity.
- Design, develop and implement learning and/or optimisation solutions in areas that might include asset and inventory management, communications, channels and networks, risk and portfolio analysis, supply chain management and marketing effectiveness.
- Design, develop and implement predictive models for areas such as customer segmentation, market basket analysis, offer propensity, demand planning & forecasting, fraud detection, inventory management and risk exposure.
- Design, develop and implement approaches for productionising model scoring and the closed loop feedback paths required to support back-testing/test-and-learn model validation.
- Apply visual analysis techniques and toolsets to extract patterns and meaning from data in a visual format.
- Translate analytical solution outcomes in the context of business impacts and benefits.
You will Bring:
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with a knack for distilling complex and/or technical information for novice audiences.
- An eagerness to solve complex problems in environments that are often ambiguous, technologically challenged and require creative and lateral thinking.
- A disciplined approach to problem solving and an ability to critically assess a range of information to differentiate true business needs as opposed to user requests.
- An ability to work within a multidisciplinary team to seek requirements for analysis, output format and visualisation, and provide requirements to data engineers
- Experience with the following technologies & languages
- Fluency in at least one of the following programming languages: R, Python, Scala
- Familiarity with the following data-related technologies: Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Impala, SQL, Teradata, Oracle, SAS, MongoDB
- High-level understanding of architecting cloud-based solutions with the following products: AWS Redshift/RDS, S3, EC2, Lambda, EMR, SageMaker, DynamoDB, Cloudformation, Athena, Kinesis – or equivalents in Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
Please email your c.v: firstname.lastname@example.org
Zena Nicolson: 03 8644 7777
Firebrand is a division of Aquent. When applying for jobs, you will be directed to Aquent's job application portal.
Back to search results