Back to search results
Communications & Government Relations Lead
An independent profit-to-members superannuation fund providing retirement solutions to Australian’s for over 25 years. Their journey was born out of the demand for better superannuation for rural and regional Australia. Today they are proud of their successful growth, now a multi-industry super fund open to all, with specialisations in the recruitment, health, aged care and education industries.
They offer a choice of 11 different investment options and manages over $5 billion in funds for over 123,000 members.
Placed in the top quartile of super funds over three, five and seven years, we aim to never be complacent and to consistently drive growth, take out the complexity of superannuation and we are on a mission to deliver our members the best retirement outcome that they can expect from their lifetime of work.
They provide straightforward superannuation solutions to empower members to grow, manage and protect their wealth and retirement income.
The Communications and Government Relations Adviser is responsible for coordinating and ensuring timely delivery of key communications projects and initiatives across both online and offline channels. This is a diverse opportunity that includes member communications strategy, coordinating government relations advice and media management.
This is an opportunity to make a genuine impact on an organisation that seeks to place their members at the heart of everything they do.
- Content creation – research, writing and editing of articles for our range of publications, advertisements and any other relevant materials distributed to members through electronic and print channels.
- Provide advice to the CEO and Executive team to guide responses to media queries.
- Liaise with Public Relations specialists for the provision of Government relations advice ensure a constant flow of information between the two organisations;
- – assist in the preparation of submissions when required;
- – assist with the development of further correspondence, meeting briefs, policy papers and other materials as required.
- Develop communications strategies as well as the output for projects, campaigns and member mail outs.
- Liaise with appropriate stakeholders to establish communications objectives for each project.
- Manage external suppliers in the development of concepts, text, design, photography, print or other production services.
- Provide content development, proofing and testing support as required for maintenance and development of the website.
- Assist in the ongoing development of integrated communication strategy.
You Will Bring:
- This role would suit a suitable qualified individual with approximately 5+ years’ experience in marketing and communications within the financial services sector, particularly in the superannuation environment.
- A strong marketing background, effective writing skills, sound project management ability and ideally knowledge of superannuation environment.
- Excellent writing, online and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of superannuation and investment products preferred.
- Knowledge of legislative and compliance requirements in superannuation preferred .
- Expertise in media management, government relations and public relations.
- Knowledge of online and digital communication strategies.
- Ability to work with stakeholders at all levels to achieve project objectives.
- Ability to think strategically to solve problems and make appropriate recommendations to the team.
- A strong marketing background, effective writing skills, sound project management ability and considerable knowledge of superannuation environment.
Please email your c.v: firstname.lastname@example.org
Zena Nicolson: 03 8644 7777
Firebrand is a division of Aquent. When applying for jobs, you will be directed to Aquent's job application portal.
Back to search results