Back to search results
PR Business Director - Healthcare
I have a new senior level role at a leading integrated agency in Sydney. Reporting into a General Manager, Business Directors working at this agency are senior communications professionals and take a leadership role in managing teams and clients. They are energetic, knowledgeable and driven to support both their clients’ business objectives as well as the agency’s and possess a minimum of eight to 10 years’ experience.
The Business Director is responsible for my agency’s output on their designated clients and brands (including strategy, creative, digital, social), the overall health of the client relationship, client profitability, client retention as well as client growth.
Business Directors play a lead role in maintaining happy client relationships, managing the productivity and professional development of their team as well as identifying and developing new business opportunities outside of the current client base.
You will be a seasoned professional, able to demonstrate your commitment to quality, think proactively about clients’ business, work continuously to improve your client relationships, act in the agency’s best interests at all times and contribute positively to the vision and values.
A Business Director attends all relevant company provided training and uses client experiences and those around them to continually to learn and enhance their professional development.
Requirements for this position:
- University degree or equivalent PR / communications qualifications
- Minimum of eight to 10 years industry experience
- Proven experience with leading client relationships to deliver profitable agency growth
- Proven experience in leading and being responsible for all aspects of the strategic and creative planning process for clients resulting in high quality recommendations and organic growth
- Proven ability to lead teams to deliver high quality work that exceeds expectations
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and inspire all team members and colleagues to achieve common goals
- Solid experience in line managing individuals to ensure their continued growth and professional development
- Creatively agile and curious and inspires team to be same
- Proven ability to meet fee targets, manage servicing levels and team productivity to ensure accounts are run in a profitable manner
- Well rounded expertise to enable sound advice and counsel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Confident presenter
- Positive attitude and work ethic
- Great team player
- Knows when to seek additional support and input to manage issues
Main duties and responsibilities:
The Business Director is responsible for ensuring all aspects of their job are completed in a timely manner and to a high standard. Specific duties include:
- Leading the strategic and creative development of client plans (as well as new business) with the help of team members and other experts as required where roles and responsibilities are clearly defined and articulated
- Assessing workloads and planning team capacity on a monthly basis
- Line managing individual team members, leading their annual review meeting, overseeing their personal KPI progression and professional development
- Playing a role in the recruitment and hiring of staff including playing an active role in identifying new talent and the interview process
- Leading company efforts to train and develop staff including active involvement in identifying talent for progression
- Being responsible for overall campaign and client finances including budgets, estimates, invoicing, budget tracking (cost summary reports) and servicing levels
- Reporting to the General Manager on fee forecasting, revenue pipeline and resourcing requirements
- Being accountable for all campaign output and KPIs (while assigning responsibilities amongst team members for the various aspects of the delivery)
- Proactively developing ideas and suggestions for clients which go over and above the existing scope of work that results in organic growth and encouraging team members to do the same
- Jointly delivering the business strategy for the agency including organic and new business growth
- Reviewing the work of Consultants and Senior Consultants to ensure it is accurate, of high quality and on brand equity
- Reviewing the work of a Social Media Manager and / or Copy Writers to ensure it is on strategy and on brand equity
- Organising and facilitating team WIP meetings
- Attending client WIP meetings as required and enabling all attending team members to play an active role
- Ensuring all team members running brainstorms are adequately prepared
- Identify and develop new business opportunities
- Contribute to training initiatives where relevant
- Effectively and regularly balances the need of company, office, team, staff and clients, routinely making meaningful contributions to each
- Be a leader in driving a positive and supportive work culture which strives for excellence and happy clients
- Be a positive role model and mentor for others in the agency
Contact me about this exciting leadership role at email@example.com or call (02) 8667 8888.
Firebrand is a division of Aquent. When applying for jobs, you will be directed to Aquent's job application portal.
Back to search results