Back to search results
Internal Comms Specialist IN-HOUSE, contract (6-9 mths) | Part or full-time
My client is one of Sydney’s leading PR agencies. They have now an excellent opportunity with one of their highly valued clients in the financial services space, and are looking for an experienced internal communications professional to join their client’s in-house Public Affairs and Communications team to shape and execute internal communications and employee engagement for staff across Australia and New Zealand.
This position reports to the Vice President, Public Affairs and Communications – Australia and New Zealand, and is available full time or part time for an initial contract period of up to 9 months.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Creating and executing an internal communication and employee engagement strategy, working across business units and functional reporting lines
- Creating content to improve employee engagement with the corporate strategy and alignment with organisational values
- Supporting senior leadership to develop and deploy communication content to employees across Australia and New Zealand
- Supporting the implementation of new employee communication and engagement tools, improving staff engagement and interactivity
- Supporting deployment of globally-coordinated internal communication campaigns
- Building strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders across the busines
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate experience in:
- Developing and implementing employee engagement and internal communications strategies to enhance the corporate culture and inform staff about the company’s strategic priorities
- Working with and influencing senior management to ensure content and messages reach specific audiences and ultimately, influence employee behavior
- Adapting and thriving within a well-established corporate culture; capable of leading and influencing colleagues at the highest levels of the organisation in Australia and New Zealand
- A small team environment and be able to deliver work independently to a high standard
You will have qualifications and skills including:
- Extensive (8+) years’ experience working in an internal communications role with a demonstrable track record of success. Global or national organisation experience preferable
- Proven experience developing internal communications and employee engagement strategies, as well as experience in tactical execution and deployment. Demonstrated ability to lead strategy development and execution independently
- Confident and skilled specialist with social and digital communication platforms. Experience developing video or other rich content material preferable
- Ability to build strong internal networks and relationships quickly across multiple business units and functional reporting lines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong attention to detail and an ability to plan and meet deadlines
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Event management and logistics experience and a passion for technology to enable great internal stakeholder events is desirable
If you’re ambitious, positive, energetic, able to build strong relationships quickly, and driven to achieve results, please get in touch ASAP!
firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 8667 8888
Firebrand is a division of Aquent. When applying for jobs, you will be directed to Aquent's job application portal.
Back to search results